Monday, July 13, 2009

The Joy Of A Clean Fridge

Sooooo….. Been back from the trip since early Saturday morning… and the suitcases are still sitting in the middle of the dining room- unpacked. Taunting me every time I walk by… they are really ticking me off! The suitcases must not be harassing anyone else, because the Hubby and little Monkey seem to have NO problem walking past them over and over… Augh!!! What is it about traveling that gives you such a hangover? I cannot seem to get motivated. I loaded the dishwasher, but just couldn’t bring myself to unpack those darn things. When packing one of the big suitcases, Hubby discovered my shiny silver flats that I had been looking for FOREVER! They were still in there from a weekend trip we took in November. After the discovery, I had to change of a few of the outfits I was taking so that I could wear my beloved shoes…Hubby made a few remarks about if I loved the shoes so much, why had I left them in the suitcase to begin with… Of course, I am now realizing that I have a suitcase unpacking disorder. There is no other explanation for it. Wouldn’t you agree? Surely, I am not alone in this???
On a positive note- Monkey’s suitcase came home w/ all clean clothes, thanks to my parents! That was such wonderful news when we went to pick Monkey up from G & G’s…. “by the way- we did a load of laundry last night, and all of his clothes are clean”………… Thanks Mom and Dad!
And------- our dog sitter cleaned out our fridge. I don’t mean, she threw expired stuff away- I mean CLEANED it out…. Took everything out, scrubbed it… wiped everything down. Amazing. When we got home very early Saturday morning, she told us, and I’m telling you---- there might have been tears in my eyes! I was so tired from traveling, and possibly delirious…. and when I looked in that fridge, I was beside myself! That is a job that I despise…. and one that I had been putting off! Thanks so much to Aunt Penny for not only taking such good care of our fur babies, but for scrubbing down the fridge, I couldn’t have asked for anything better!

No comments:

Post a Comment