Saturday, July 4, 2009

Panicking all the way to Portland!

Happy 4th of July!

Old rusted motel chair that I spruced up a few years ago!
And our faithful lab that greats us at our gate when we come home!
Well, the sun is down, and our skies are lighting up! And we are once again missing all the fun, as we are traveling this holiday- for the 2nd year in a row! UGH! Not only do I have serious travel anxiety, but we are missing the great holiday of the summer! Monkey is already at G&G's for the week... and hubby is now walking around the house, lost w/o him! The dogs are going nuts because of the fireworks... and I'm hiding in here... typing away!
I'm trying to calm down and relax before heading to the airport. Flying is not the problem... the problem is being away from my home, my son... my comfort! I don't mind a few days... but anymore than 3 days away, I start to get a little panicky! It's not the pillow, or my bed... but the sounds, the feeling... the familiar faces that I miss when I'm away. Don't get me wrong- I love to go and do and see and explore.... just not for more than 3 days! LOL
Okay- hubby found me.... he is now giving me that look.... the look that means, we still have a few things to do... why are you blogging! ha ha.... I need to go find a few 'jobs' to keep him occupied for awhile!
Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend... I'll be panicking all the way to Portland!
~Amy

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog.. I loved the fact that you mentioned your a bit of a smartmouth!!! I am also and get told that often.. I added you to my blog list and look forward to seeing your projects!!
    ~Kels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chair!

    I’m Blog Hopping! Hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July weekend.

    Please stop by Lin's Duck and Wheel With String to vote for me, Lola, in her First Official Dork-Off Contest. Vote for my photo, because my kindergarten photo is THE dorkiest.

    http://duckandwheelwithstring.blogspot.com/2009/07/first-official-dork-off.html

    Thanks!
    Lola

    http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate I won't see you in Portland.....ya'll have a good time, and I will be blessing your heart while you are away. :)
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete