Monday, July 13, 2009

Menu Planning Monday!


7-13-2009

I'm participating in my first MPM!!!
Breakfasts will consist of: cereals, fruits, and most likely a donut here and there for Monkey!
Lunches will be- soups, mac & cheese, BLTs and grilled hotdogs.
I'm also going to try to throw in: a batch of homemade veggie dip, and a Peach Cobbler! (We'll see!)
Monday- Breakfast for dinner! Biscuits & Sausage Gravy
Tuesday- Homemade Pizza (Monkey loves to make his own mini-pizza now)
Wednesday- Cheeseburger Potato Soup and homemade bread
Thursday- Leftovers!
Friday- Grilled Chicken Breasts (marinated in Italian Dressing) and Potatoes on the grill w/ Sweetcorn!
Saturday- Mexican Food! Tacos, nachos & burritos.
Sunday- Dinner w/ parents
Hopefully, we will stick with the menu this week!
Wishing you all a wonderful, stress-free week in the kitchen!
~Amy

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to MPM! My kids love being able to make their own pizzas as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy!

    I'm just popping in for a vist after you left a comment on my blog.

    Welcome to the blogging community! I think you have a very cute blog and I especially like the name, The Lemon Cottage.

    Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    Blessings,

    Trixie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Menu Plan Monday!!!!! Thankyou so much for your lovely comment on my blog :) Look forward to reading more or your blog, its looking great. See you next week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to MPM. Looks like a great meal plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just noticed you were from Iowa. My fiance is there, my girls and I will be moving there at the end of the year! He's just over the bridge from Omaha, NE. LOL small world huh? If ya wanna email me, my addy is hopefaithcharitybaby@yahoo.com. My fiance's blog is here http://hometeampromise.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just catching up to your blog. Here are a few fun snacks to get the little guy eating his fruits and veggies. I used to love this stuff when I was a kid... still do.

    - half a banana on a popsicle stick, in a ziploc freezer bag with the air removed. Do a bag of 4-6. These are awesome icepops, and so much better than the frozen sugar water from the store.

    - veggies and dip - most of the kids I know love home-made hummus. It has plenty of protein for growing bodies, calcium for bones, and no cholesterol. it's very easy and economical to make at home in your blender/food processor.

    - frozen peas for a sweet snack

    - frozen grapes for a sweet snack

    - fruit burritos (cut up bananas, strawberries, pineapple, or his favorite fruit, and have little lettuce or baby spinach leaf tortillas. put a piece of fruit in the middle, wrap the leaf around it, and devour.)

    - fruit smoothies and shakes fresh from your blender

    - carrot juice from your juicer

    ReplyDelete